The AES 256-bit Hardware Encryption seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive in real-time with a built-in keypad for password input. The hard drive does not store passwords in the computer or system's volatile memory making it far more secure than software encryption. Also, if it falls into the wrong hands, the hard drive will lock and require re-formatting after 20 failed password attempts.
The USB 3.1 GEN 1 hard drive interface with a USB Type-C connector provides extremely high data transfer speeds and is compatible with both PC and Mac operating systems. The hard drive includes a USB-C to USB-A cable as well as a USB-A to USB-C adapter for connection to various devices.
For added security, Nero Backup software is provided to help you back up all your files, folders, and drives from your laptop or PC whenever you want. It also allows you to schedule an auto back up to a set time and day to ensure that it gets done regularly!
- Mandatory 100% drive encryption
- AES 256-bit Hardware Encryption - encrypts all data on the drive in real-time
- Built-in keypad for password input (passcode up to 12 numbers)
- Erases data after multiple failed entry attempts
- Can be used with TVs (feature not possible with regular encrypted HDDs)
- USB 3.1 GEN 1 (also compatible with USB2.0)
- USB-C or USB-A connection
- LED power / encryption status indicators
- Does not store password in the computer or the system’s volatile memory, therfore far more secure than software encryption
- PC and Mac compatible
- Combined aluminium / plastic enclosure